The past few weeks I've heard more and more feedback and questions regarding my daily makeup routine - specifically what foundation, mascara, & bronzer. I won't even deny it - I love makeup & I enjoy talking about it so I look forward to these posts! Random fact: I didn't wear makeup until college! My mom never really taught me how to use it so I just didn't - not until college. That being said, when I am asked for tutorials on makeup, I kind of second guess whether or not I should do it!
Really quick - I have pretty oily/acne prone skin - most products do not actually work on my skin so I'm pretty picky to what I will use. Anyway, that being said here's a step by step guide as to how I apply my makeup in the a.m.:
1. I use my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush to apply 1-2 pumps of this Estee Lauder Double Wear and cover my entire face starting in the center & working outwards. I wear 'Desert Beige'. This foundation is a dream - it hides so many scars, discoloration, etc. And it does wear longer than most foundations.
2. Next, I use this Sigma F86 to apply concealer. The MAC Pro-Long Wear is a good one - I don't know if I would rave about it like I would the Estee Lauder foundation - but I do really like this concealer. It gets the job done in tricky, hard to cover areas. I also use a Beauty Blender sometimes - as apposed to the brush (it soaks up excess product.)
3. Finally, I go in with this brush & set the liquid foundation/concealer with my Mac Studio Fix powder. Again, I can't say that I'm obsessed with this powder -but I own SO many other brands of powder and I always come back to this one.
4. RUN -- DON'T WALK - to the Nordstrom site and GRAB THIS PALETTE before it is gone! Seriously y'all - this Anastasia Contour Kit is everything. It makes life easier & your face look much thinner (lol.). This palette was unavailable for months & months - just yesterday did it become available on Nordstrom.com & I am sure it won't last long. SAME goes for the NARS ITA brush. I had to wait for almost 6 mos. to finally get mine. I will say that the ITA brush is ridiculously priced - but I haven't regretted paying for it. I like that it applies my contouring shade in a perfectly straight line & then blends it out nicely. (Sidenote - see the brown shade that the brush is on - that's what I use to contour my cheek bones!
5. Let me tell you how much I love my Beauty Blender... Fitz has chewed up THREE of them. (err!) The first one was a dupe so I wasn't too devastated because it didn't work too well. But the next two were the real deal. Anyway, I don't go a single day without the BB. It's good for soaking up extra product so that you don't have that cake-y look. I use the NARS Concealer under my eyes (shade Chantilly) and use the BB to blend it in. Then, I grab my Anastasia Contour Kit and dip my BB into the shade 'Banana' and set the concealer with that. This is the ONLY way to brighten up my under eye area & truly cover the dark circles. ALSO, that big brush by ECO TOOLS - seriously great! I love it for putting bronzer on my chest or neck - or even in my hairline/jawline.
6. Finally, I grab my MAC Blush Brush & my Morphe palette. I usually mix a couple of colors to create what I am looking for... As I've said before - with blush - stay above your nostrils & outside of your pupil (does that make sense?). AKA. don't go too low w/your blush or too far into your face!
7. When it comes to eyeshadow - I am not so great with mixing multiple colors. I practice at it but it just never turns out! But the one color & brush that I use daily is this Bobby Brown shade in camel. I use the brush to sweep it through the crease.
8. My 2 go-to eyeliners - STILA on the top (great for the wing!) & MAC's 'Feline' on the bottom for the waterline.
9. I love love love eyelashes. I'm just that girl. I think every girl needs to invest in a bottle of eyelash serum to get them growing! (I like this one!) But, this Loreal mascara pictured above is the best primer I've ever tried. If I want big lashes- I use two coats and holy smokes it works. (I do not use the other end of the L'Oreal product - just the primer.) And then of course my favorite mascara by Too Faced - I've used this same mascara for a year now which is proof I love it.
10. Last but totally not least is the brow products. I have tried almost everyone of the Anastasia brow products but these are my dailies. I use this wax to get the eyebrows in place (tame them + use as reverse lip liner!!) and then use this powder to lightly fill them in. Finally, I use the Brow Wiz to fix any places that need a close touch up. I own several more products from Anastasia but those are the 3 that I would most highly recommend.
SEE MY CONTOUR POST HERE.