Sometimes I feel like I’m a broken record because I am answering the same questions over and over on Snapchat- I am so sorry if you think I repeat the same things over & over but sometimes people that are new to my snaps ask the same questions I’ve already answered! I think I get asked 2-3x a day on Snap alone how I curl my hair. I thought I’d gather up the most commonly asked beauty questions for ONE single post so that I can always refer people to this post. **I am emilyanngemm (no A!).**
Anyway, these are my tried & true products that always work for me w/o a shadow of doubt! I’ve done full out posts on my current makeup routine, skincare routine, how to accentuate certain features (I literally got a Snap question asking if I got lip injections as I am writing this, but I don't), & TONS of hair posts. Most everything is already on my blog somewhere w/a dedicated post but this is just a quick & easy round up of the best products. AND about my nails bc holy cow - thats a top asked question too!
"What is your favorite foundation & make-up brush?"
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear is my TOP foundation for covering scars & melasma & for all day wear.
2. The Sigma F80 flat top Kabuki has been my MUST have makeup brush for quite some time- I keep a backup in my drawer.
3. I swear by the Laura Mercier translucent powder for setting my makeup & under my eyes & contour - it’s a big part of making my makeup look seamless.
“How do you make your lips look fuller?"
4. Lipliner is your BFF for fuller looking lips. I like Stripdown & Spice best - they are darker, almost brown shades that create a shadow effect.
5. I’ve mentioned this like 1.2 million times but this Dior Maximizer actually DOES plump your lips. I’ve been using it for 3 years now. I splurged on it during medical school and after a few months of use I noticed my lips looking a little fuller - make sure you use it daily for a couple of months. It’s also just a great gloss in general!
“What do you do to get those curls?”
6. I love this Redken Quickdry hairspray. I have TONs of the travel size bottles under my cabinet bc this hair spray helps hold my curls during the summer heat.
7. This curling iron (1” barrel) is how I get the curls you see in all of my photos. I don’t do anything special - I think this iron just gets crazy hot so it makes better curls. I recommend using a good heat protectant - Tresemme’s is great and affordable.
"If you don’t tan in the sun, how what fake tanning products to you use?”
8. I LOVE this St. Tropez tanning product - this express line is amazing. You can shower sooner after than most and it leaves you looking B-RRROOWN. Like holy cow. Check my Twitter later to see how it makes me skin look right after. (I’m @emilyanngemma on Twitter & Instagram.) -PS. this is on sale at the NSALE!
“What liner do you wear on your lid?”
9. I swear by the Stila stay all day liner. It’s hands down the best - and trust me - I’ve tried all the of the liquid liners at Sephora - or almost all. I always go back to this one!
"How do you whiten your teeth?"
10. Crest White Strips. The package in the collage is the exact one I buy - its my favorite. You were them for 30 minutes (not an hour) and you can see a different in a few days.
“What mascara do you wear? And do you still like serums?”
11. First off, I think Neulash is 10x better than Revitalash. I tried Revitalash and saw ZERO changes. Neulash is definitely the better option. I also really like Lilash - I typically can only find it on eBay tho which is sketchy. Be careful to make sure it is authentic if you decide to do it. I used the LiBrow product on my brows this spring after a BAD threading job and it saved them. Overall - if you are on the fence - just do Neulash via Nordstrom so you know you are getting an authentic product.
12. I always always layer 1-2 coats of this primer on my lashes before mascara. This is the BEST way to build up your lashes and make them look longer and thicker.
13. This Bobbi Brown mascara is the only mascara I love - its better than Dior or Better Than Sex. I bought it the first week it was available just to test out and I won’t go back to the others.
“How do you make your under eye area so bright?”
14. The key to a bright under eye area is setting your concealer or corrected w/ a bright powder. The powder that I’ve found looks best on me is the white shade in THIS palette. I dip my beauty blender (damp) in it and set the concealer. Sidenote- I have dark circles due to accutane, staying up late working on the computer, & travel so I have to go all out on my under eyes.
15. This Smashbox BB Cream for eyes is a life saver - the formula is creamy & soft and really brightens the area up. It doesn’t crease or get dry or cakey.
16. In the summer I always use a dab of THIS concealer w/my BB cream because this stuff is CRAZY long wearing/waterproof. Holy cow - if my eyes water it doesn’t affect my makeup at all. So if you have serious dark circles, you have to try this!
“What’s on your nails?”
Okay, I really do feel like a broken record bc I am always telling you all what I do but I use a DIP powder on my nails. Most recently, I got it done in Dallas and the salon used Nexgen - the color was A14. It looks like Essie’s Fiji. (Emily Maynard wore it on the Bachelorette the entire season, lol!). The Nexgen is my faovrite- I am going to Dallas this weekend & getting them done.
Hope this helps!! xx.