Checking in today from home.. lol, of course. I’ve been doing a lot of cooking during this quarantine time. Also eating a lot of easter candy so I had to find some ways to balance it out. 🙈 I’m finally sharing this recipe I told you all about on my stories last week! It was so good, I didn’t even have to time to take a good photo of the dip!! With all of the unhealthy food we have been eating while being stuck inside, I wanted to make something a little healthier. This recipe is so simple and quick, and you can make this low calorie buffalo chicken dip in a CROCK POT so its easy!! I actually shared this recipe on my blog a few years ago and it was a big hit! I found this on Skinnytaste’s website – several years ago & my family loves it. It’s not high in calorie and tastes good with veggies!! You can also swap out alternatives to lower calories or even add soothing to make it tastier. This is just how we like it!
What you’ll need: (if you just want a small serving, we honestly could have doubled the recipe- it went FAST!!)
1. One Rotisserie Chicken [shred it as good as you can before you add into the crockpot!]
2. 1/2 Cup of Franks Hot SauceorCholula Hot Sauce (I’ve used both- this step is very important!)
3. 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I’ve used non-fat & regular – both taste good so I go for the non-fat typically.)
4. 1 Teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
5. 1 Cup Cream Cheese (or you can use Greek cream cheese for a lighter, healthier option!)
6. Mexican Cheese or Monterey Jack (any cheese you like – I just use a little bit and the cheese doesn’t change the flavor much!)
(*I think before adding the chicken, this is 320 calories!)
Before I even get started, I plug in and turn on my crockpot so it starts getting warm. I pour everything except the chicken into a large bowl & stir it up as best as possible. I pour it all into the (warm) crockpot which is where the ingredients soften and start mixing together even better. I will say this – you need to make sure you have enough hot sauce or it will be more bland! Don’t skimp on the hot sauce – but also make sure you can handle it as well. One-half cup is plenty for me for this recipe! Anyway, once everything is melted and mixed together, add in the chicken and mix! I let it sit there for an hour or so, so that it all gets really warm and the flavor is soaked in! 🙂
You can serve this with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies! If you are trying to eat more veggies, this is definitely the way to do it- the flavor of the dip makes you forget about the carrier, lol!